Blog #0

My prior experience of technology in the classroom is very strong due to the fact that at my school, Glastonbury High School in Connecticut gives every student received a free iPad. In my classes, my teachers incorporated apps like google classroom, google docs, google slides, google sheets and google drive on a daily basis. Therefore, I have a very good understanding of how those technological tools work. Other apps that were incorporated into my teachers lesson plans were apps like kahoot, turnitin.com, edmodo, evernote, and educreations. These apps were used to do things such as review information, check for plagiarism, allow for online discussion, and voice over power point presentations. These apps among others were used frequently in my classes throughout high school. On top of the iPad I understand the basic function of cell phones, computers, and other tablets.

In this class I hope to learn how to be on the other side of technology. I am used to being the student and doing all the assignments teachers made for me online, but now I hope to learn how to make the assignments. I also hope to learn more about all the different apps that can be used to help students better understand different aspects of the classroom. I also would enjoy learning more about ways to use technology in the classroom in new ways, ways that I have never used them before.

By doing this learning styles activity, I learned a lot about the way I best learn. First, I learned that I prefer to do something rather than just think about it, making me active rather then reflective. I also learned that I prefer to see information in the form of a diagrams or a pictures rather then just hearing it. I also l have a mild preference towards getting the information piece by piece and then understanding the whole picture rather then receiving the whole picture first and trying to work backwards.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #6