Blog #7

I enjoy using twitter in the classroom. I think it is a fun and interactive way to share our thoughts with our classmates. It's purpose is similar to a blog, to communicate our thoughts, however, Twitter is a lot more condensed and shorter. I think it is also one of the coolest assignments we do in this class because it is something we all use in our actual lives. Outside of this class I have many social media accounts that I use for my personal life. I think it is interesting to see how these social medias can be used for an educational purpose as well. So far, I have learned a lot about saying what I want to say in a condensed way. It is easy to get your point across when writing a blog because you have unlimited words and characters. However, with my Twitter, I have had to learn how to condense my thoughts into one or two sentences. The only challenge I have had with twitter so far is remembering to do it. Sometimes, I forget to update my account because it's not posted on our announcements.

I really enjoyed doing the website design project because it was a very real assignment. When I become a teacher I am going to have to have a website that I update constantly to give information to students and parents. I also liked this assignment, because it allowed for the us to be creative. I enjoyed formatting my webpage and picking pictures and colors to put on it. I also think that learning how to put a google calendar into a webpage will be super helpful in my career. I am very familiar with google applications so, being able to update a calendar via google will make my life so much easier. I also think it was a reminder of how at especially the elementary education level, there is a lot of information that needs to be shared with parents. Creating a tab on my website for parent announcements is the perfect way to keep parents updated because I know if you tel the information to kids it rarely gets to parents. If I could change this assignment in any way I would probably say maybe try a different website than Weebly, it was sort of hard to use at some points but once I figured it out I took off.

http://sondrawhitedeme2040.weebly.com

Although Diigo is really confusing to me, it can be very useful in the classroom setting. The tool I think is the most helpful is the fact you can share your annotations with everyone in the class. It is cool to see which articles my classmates pick and read the annotations about what they think of the article. I also like the feature of Diigo that allows me to comment on other students annotations and articles. I think this application is a good way to connect the class virtually. I think from using this tool in class, I have strengthened my annotation skills. When I become a teacher, I can have my student use Diigo to find articles related to certain topics and share them with the class. I can also use Diigo to see what my students think of the articles and topics by reading their annotations. I can also use Diigo for group work where students need to do research for a project. They can share the sources they find for research with their groups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #0

Blog #6