Blog #8

Adaptive technologies are ones that assist those with disabilities. For example, the podcast talks about people with dyslexia and how there are adaptive technologies like spell check and voice recognitions so they can hear what they type to avoid making typical dyslexic mistakes. There are also technologies for people that are deaf or blind. They have tools for classrooms such as smart boards and braille keyboards to read the words written on the smartboard and hear the letters they type on the braille keyboard. They also have many interactive learning programs that help students learn sign language. I have never used these technologies, but I have a friend who is physically disabled so it was hard for her to write in elementary school, so she would talk to something kind of like siri on the iphone that would type for her whatever she was saying. Some challenges with using these technologies are that they are specific for the person with the disability and not every student in the room has a disability. It can end up being distracting for some of the other students in the room.

I could use powerpoint at each level of Bloom’s Taxonomy to support student learning:
Create: I could have students create their own powerpoints on topics relevant to their learning to help them learn the information better.
Evaluate: I could have them evaluate the students learning growth by putting kahoots in my powerpoints to see if the students are retaining the information well.
Analyze: I could use powerpoint to display information on the board so they can analyze it and take notes on what they think is important.
Apply: I could put some sort of discussion questions in my powerpoints to have students apply the knowledge they are learning and discuss it with other people.

Understand: I could put examples of what I’m teaching in my powerpoint to help the students understand the information better.

http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/archives/tools.shtml
This website is a website called Education World. It has information on many different types of education technologies as well as a tab called "What's New" which is frequently updating to keep teachers in the loop about important education technologies that were just created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #0

Blog #6