Blog #10

I will use the data collection tools quite frequently when I become a teacher. It will good to use especially as an elementary teacher to get information on what the student's understand and don't so I can know what areas I need to focus more on teaching. Also, it will be helpful to use in the elementary level for surveying kids on what they are interested in, because when a student is interested in something they are more inclined to pay attention and understand a lesson. Therefore, if I could incorporate what my students are interested in in my lessons I will help them retain more information. 

One topic I found most interesting about reading my classmates blogs was the way the type of technologies they used in high school and how much it differed from mine. In my school, we had all kinds of technology sources, but in the blogs I read of some of my classmates, I noticed they didn't use as much. Another thing I found interesting about reading their blogs was they way we would read or watch the same information but all interpret it in different ways. Everyone's minds work differently and it is cool to see that through the blog setting. Another interesting thing was looking at the way everyone designed their websites. I really liked that assignment a lot because it was something we will actually have to do in the real teaching world and I enjoyed seeing the creativity everyone put into them.

I think the technology related skill I plan to learn next is how to use the different types of projectors like smart board, Elmo, etc. In high school, all of my teachers used these projectors solely to project because they didn't know how to use the other functions on it, or didn't even know they had more functions. I, as of know, don't know how to work the incredible functions these projectors have like 3-d models, educational games, etc. I want to master these so when I become a teacher I can use these in my classroom. I will achieve this goal by going to the sandbox and practicing on the boards over the next four years to make sure I am aware of everything these projectors have to offer in the classroom setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #0

Blog #6